In 1931, April 8th St. Mary’s Higher Elementary Training was began under the initiative of Rev. Fr. Mgr. Eugene Mederlet. It was the first Catholic Training School in North Arcot, now known as Vellore District. Sr. Burgos Sandra taught drawing and Sr. Galina Cesira taught Physical instruction and Needle work and Fr. Joseph Sandanam taught Catechesis. On 22nd March 1938, St. Mary’s Elementary Training received the permanent recognition.