St.Mary’s Teacher Training Institute
In 1931, April 8th St. Mary’s Higher Elementary Training was began under the initiative of Rev. Fr. Mgr. Eugene Mederlet. It was the first Catholic Training School in North Arcot, now known as Vellore District. Sr. Burgos Sandra taught drawing and Sr. Galina Cesira taught Physical instruction and Needle work and Fr. Joseph Sandanam taught Catechesis. On 22nd March 1938, St. Mary’s Elementary Training received the permanent recognition. In 1944, Elementary Training was upgraded to Higher Grade Teacher Training and in 1967 it was further upgraded to Secondary Grade Teacher Training.
On 14th Feb. 1982, the Institute celebrated the Golden Jubilee. In 1995, the Government asked the Training School to be raised to the collegiate level. This in fact demanded a separate building with 5 acres of adjacent land, with proper Library, Science, Psychology, Computer Labs, Class Rooms, Play ground and the Staff with PG qualification in various subjects and PG in Education were compulsory. These requirements demanded immediate shifting of Training school from Vellore to the existing building at Anmarudai.
In the year 2005, the Teacher’s Training Institute celebrated its platinum Jubilee and also it commemorated the 10th year of our arrival at Anmarudai, thanking God and Our Blessed Mother Mary, for the 75 years of fruitful platinum years. During these past years the training Institute has produced more than 3000 quality teachers and the Society in Tamil Nadu.